Supply Superintendent Job Opportunity at African Underground Mining Services
Job title: Supply Superintendent
The purpose of the Supply Superintendent is to direct the purchasing, warehouse and logistics teams in managing the supply chain function within established procurement and inventory policies and systems.
Location – Geita
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, Organizing, Directing and Controlling the purchasing and warehouse activities of a site.
- Evaluating the performance of the purchasing and warehouse activities, looking for areas of continuous improvement in the supply chain.
- Driving a high level of productivity and efficiency by continuously supporting and developing the supply chain team.
- Develop, implement and maintain procurement operating plans.
- Ensure procurement of goods and services are sourced and acquired at the best price in a timely manner and to the required specifications.
- Manage the inventory management system including conducting periodic stock counts, reconciling variances and inputting data.
- Review and follow up on outstanding orders and credits.
- Ensure that AUMS’s HSE policies are adhered to in the course of performing the duties.
- Produce periodic reports as required by management team.
- Diploma or Degree in Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics or Business.
- Current registration/membership of PSPTB.
- CIPS qualification.
- Have proven experience within the supply chain function, specifically dealing with domestic and international suppliers in the mining industry.
- Ability to lead and supervise staff with a team player attitude.
- Ability to work autonomously and to strict deadlines.
- Experience working across all facets of the supply chain.
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to negotiate with international vendors.
- Ability to troubleshoot and recommend a solution for issues that arise within the supply chain.
- Understanding of critical lead times in transport logistics covering domestic, international air and sea freight.
- Advanced skills in the use of Inventory, Purchasing and Costing systems in ERP systems, e.g. Pronto, SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards, or other.
- Advanced computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Valid National Driver’s License.
- Experience working for international companies.
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.
Only applicants with current registration with the PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLIES PROFESSIONALS AND TECHNICIANS BOARD will be considered for employment.
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email [email protected]
Application letters should reach the above on or before 04th February 2020, 18:00hrs
BEWARE OF CONMEN! AUMS(T) Limited does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately by calling +255 682 660 124 or+255 682 660 256 or+255 682 660 893.