Teaching Jobs at Orkeeswa School Monduli
|Teaching Jobs at Orkeeswa School Monduli|
Orkeeswa School is a community-based secondary school located in Monduli District at Orkeeswa village an under-served Maasai community in rural Tanzania. It was established with the aim of providing quality, affordable education to under-served children in Monduli District and other surrounding areas. Currently the school is serving 229 students from Pre-form One to Form Six and 56 students who are in higher learning institutions. Through collaboration with local leaders in the community we have developed a model of holistic education responding to specific needs of our students and their community.
Position: Mathematics Teacher (Ordinary and Advanced Level)
Deadline: 15th March, 2020
Orkeeswa School is seeking an experienced and professional educator to teach Mathematics for both Ordinary and Advanced level.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Teach Mathematics.
- Prepare, implement, deliver and assess lesson plans, exclusively using English language, for Mathematics and other subjects as may be required from time to time.
- Know and comply with all Tanzania requirements for delivering and examining the subjects at secondary level. Comply with other relevant Tanzanian education requirements.
- Prepare holistic learning activities for students encompassing plans for homework and other extra-curricular studies along with class time.
- Develop present and asses tutoring programs as required.
- Prepare and supervise examination, collate examination results and prepare reports for students in relevant subjects.
- Actively participate as a member of the teaching team at Orkeeswa School and provide support as required to assist in the delivery of the education to student at Orkeeswa School.
- Actively lead and contribute to the professional development of Orkeeswa School and foster a sense of pride and achievement in the school and its students.
- Actively seek information to maintain awareness of up to date professional skills and subject knowledge.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
Read, write and speak fluent English.
Have at least 2-3 years of teaching experience.
Have experience teaching the Ordinary and Advanced level mathematics curriculum.
Can demonstrate excellent academic results in the relevant subjects.
Willing to facilitate extra-curricular activities, extra-help classes, life skills classes, etc.
Willing to work in a rural area
MODE OF APPLICATION
Anyone who is qualified to the position mentioned above please send your Advanced Level Certificates, Ordinary Level Certificates and cover letter to the address below:
The Headmaster Orkeeswa Secondary
Phone: 0755981831 | 0624320665 | 0787 830 070