Training Officer Job Opportunity at WASSHA Inc Tanzania
JOB TITLE: Training Officer
Reporting to: Training Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam
Training Officers induct new members of staff by providing them with the requisite preparation and teaching upon their appointments. Training Officer also identifies and close gaps in existing staff members’ skills through instructions and training programs. She/he will be fulfilling the educational requirements of new and existing staff. The Training Officer should administer training needs assessments, gauge skills shortages, and then address these through tailored training programs. You should also ensure the effectiveness of your instruction by monitoring performance post-intervention.
TRAINING OFFICER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify training needs of new and existing employees according to needs.
- Communicate all the training programs on a timely basis.
- Drafting instructional manuals, onboarding materials, and other relevant documentation.
- Administering regular, detailed needs assessments to identify skills gaps.
- Liaising with line managers at all levels to identify and assess training and development needs.
- Delivering and overseeing the training of individuals or groups of employees.
- Compiling and presenting information.
- Supervising and monitoring progress made via training programs or schemes
- Implementing, advising on and monitoring appraisal schemes
- Ensuring employees receive statutory required training.
- Designing and assessing training programs.
- Addressing skills gaps through tailored in-house training.
- Coordinating external training as the need arises.
- Monitoring staffs’ performance by liaising with line managers and department heads.
- Availing you as a sounding board for all employees with the aim of improving their orientation and training.
TRAINING OFFICER REQUIREMENT:
- BS degree in Business Education, Training, HR or related field(s).
- Experience of trainer in sales & marketing areas.
- Have a good track record as trainer in solar home systems.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in training and development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct thorough needs assessments to gauge training needs.
- Strong desktop and in-person research, presentation, and reporting skills.
- Highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Office.
How to Apply
Interested individuals should submit their applications via [email protected] indicating:
1. Why you think you qualify for this post
2. Current CV, indicating relevant experience based on previous tasks; and skills that you are bringing into the organization.
3. Names and contacts of three referees who have supervised you in your previous working history
Telephone calls will not be entertained.